Pages

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Or Lazmi: Beauty who lives with the beasts


She is just 5 feet tiny Petite girl but if you look at the amazing capabilities of Or Lazmi you surely would be stunned. She demonstrates absolutely no fear, as she snuggles up to Shosho - a massive 33 stone, male Siberian tiger. And that's not all, she looks after dozens of big cats at Seaview Lion Park, South Africa.


Or Lazami is 25, and is originally from Israel, and now manages the park, 18 miles from Port Elizabeth, said: 'It's not your everyday job, but these tigers are my babies.

'I love getting this close to the animals - even though I am a lot smaller than them.
'People are scared of tigers because they are so powerful, but we train them to understand 'no'.
'I never let them use their claws or teeth on me. I have only been scratched when they were tiny and knew no better.'

The tiger lover has raised two-year-old Shosho and his sister Faye since park staff took them from their mother at nine days old.

Or, who is also pictured with three-month-old cubs Judah and Ruby said: 'I live on site and spend four hours a day, seven days a week with the tigers.

'I have to replace their mother in every way when they are young; bottle feeding, walking, and even potty training.

'They are more similar to human babies than lion cubs, as they cry all the time - we even have to rock them under the arms to calm them down.
'Shosho is my big boy and always loved cuddles, but Faye was a feisty cub - I think I've got her under control now.'










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...